About this event
Marin Alsop conducts an all-Glass programme, including the UK premiere of his Concerto, written for renowned piano duo and siblings, Katia and Marielle Labèque.
As a young violinist, Marin Alsop led the orchestra in the first recording of Glass’s The Photographer, and has long championed the influential Minimalist’s music. She also conducts Itaipú, Glass’s choral homage to the world’s largest hydroelectric dam, and the prelude to the opera Ahknaten about the Egyptian pharaoh.
Other Events on 28 Jan 2017
- An introduction to Philip Glass11:00 Barbican, London
- Guildhall New Music Ensemble perform Philip Glass13:00 Milton Court Concert Hall
- 'Koyaanisqatsi' with original score by Philip Glass15:00 Barbican, London
- A cappella music by Philip Glass17:30 Milton Court Concert Hall
- Free Performance18:45 Barbican, London
- Pre-concert talk19:15 Barbican, London