This Total Immersion event dedicated to sisters Nadia and Lili Boulanger reaches its climax in a concert of some of their best-known works.
James Gaffigan, a passionate champion of Lili Boulanger’s music, conducts the BBC SO in a programme that includes all the composer’s major works – a programme that gives just a taste of the original voice the world lost at her early death aged just 24. The evening includes not only Faust et Helene – the cantata with which Lili won the Prix de Rome – but also her final masterpiece, the brooding psalm-setting Du fond de l’abime. Pianist Alexandra Dariescu is the soloist for Nadia Boulanger’s dramatic Fantaisie variee.
Other Events on 6 Apr 2019
- Lili and Nadia Boulanger – Learning project workshop10:30 Barbican, London
- Film: Nadia Boulanger – Mademoiselle11:00 Barbican, London
- Lili and Nadia Boulanger – songs and chamber music13:00 Milton Court Concert Hall
- Lili and Nadia Boulanger – Talk15:00 Barbican, London
- BBC Singers perform Lili and Nadia Boulanger17:00 St Giles' Cripplegate, London
- Lili and Nadia Boulanger – Learning project performance18:45 Barbican, London