- Flounce(5 mins)BBC commission: world premiere
- Budavári Te Deum(21 mins)
- An Impression on a Windy Day(7 mins)
- Finlandia(8 mins)(choral version)
- Tristan and Isolde – Prelude and Liebestod(17 mins)
- Lola Montez Does the Spider Dance(5 mins)London premiere
- Fantasia on British Sea-Songs(18 mins)(arr. Wood)
- Rule, Britannia! (arr. Sargent)(5 mins)
- Pomp and Circumstance March No 1 in D major, 'Land of Hope and Glory'(8 mins)
- Jerusalem (orch. Elgar)(3 mins)
- The National Anthem (arr. Bliss)(3 mins)
About This Event
Sakari Oramo and the BBC Symphony Orchestra weave together many of this season’s musical strands into the exuberant celebration that is the Last Night of the Proms.
They mark the 50th anniversaries of the deaths of composers Zoltán Kodály and Malcolm Sargent (better known as the longtime chief conductor of the Proms), and celebrate John Adams’s 70th birthday with the London premiere of his exhilarating Lola Montez Does the Spider Dance.
Music by Sibelius marks the 100th anniversary of Finnish Independence, and Nina Stemme, arguably the world’s greatest living Wagnerian soprano, leads the end-of-season festivities.
Broadcast 9 September, first half on BBC Two, second half on BBC One
Image: Nina Stemme © Kristian Schuller