- Much Ado About Nothing – Overture & It Must Be Requited
- Suite from Twelfth NightSelected movements
- Prospero's BooksSelected movements
- Suite from TitusFinale
- Hamlet: A Shakespeare Scenario – excerpts (arr. Christopher Palmer)Fanfare and Soliloquy – The Ghost – The Question – ‘To be or not to be’ – Finale (Funeral March)
- The Taming of the Shrew - Overture
- A Time for Us from Romeo and JulietArranged by Angela Morley
- Shakespeare in Love Suite
About this event
Actors Emma Fielding, Damian Lynch and Samuel West star in a concert that charts the emotional world of Shakespeare through performances of excerpts from his poetry and plays, and soundtracks to cinematic adaptations of his greatest works.
Humour, magic, tragedy, introspection and love are all represented in the concert, which includes Patrick Doyle’s life-affirming score to Kenneth Branagh’s Much Ado About Nothing and Shaun Davey’s soundtrack for Trevor Nunn’s Twelfth Night.
Plus Christopher Palmer’s arrangement of Walton’s evocative music for Laurence Olivier’s Hamlet; Elliot Goldenthal’s powerful finale from Titus, the film adaptation of Shakespeare’s bloodiest play; and Michael Nyman’s neo-Baroque minimalist score for Prospero’s Books, based on The Tempest.
The concert concludes with a suite from Stephen Warbeck’s Academy Award-winning soundtrack to Shakespeare in Love.