Colour in all its orchestral richness links the four works on this evening’s programme. Ending with Ottorini Respighi’s magnificent evocation of Rome, we pass from Ravel’s exotic, shimmering overture to music by Avner Dorman. His Mandolin Concerto is played by Avi Avital who has really put the instrument on the music map, and done it with such flair.
Musica Notturna, written in 1947, by the Italian Giorgio Federico Ghedini is receiving its belated UK premiere – a ravishingly beautiful piece that weaves some exquisite sounds from the orchestral strings. Daniele Rustioni, who had recorded a very fine collection of Ghedini’s music, conducts.
- Lili and Nadia Boulanger – Learning project workshop6 Apr 2019 Barbican, London
- Film: Nadia Boulanger – Mademoiselle6 Apr 2019 Barbican, London
- BBC Singers perform Lili and Nadia Boulanger6 Apr 2019 St Giles' Cripplegate, London
- Lili and Nadia Boulanger – Learning project performance6 Apr 2019 Barbican, London
- BBC Proms Dubai: Last Night of the Proms22 Mar 2019 Dubai Opera, Dubai
- BBC Proms Dubai: Beethoven's Symphony No. 921 Mar 2019 Dubai Opera, Dubai
- BBC Proms Dubai: Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto and Romeo & Juliet19 Mar 2019 Dubai Opera, Dubai
- BBC Symphony Orchestra at Maida Vale8 Mar 2019 BBC Maida Vale Studios, London