Donald Runnicles and the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra are joined by the National Youth Choir of Scotland for Mozart’s ever-popular Requiem – the composer’s poignant and prescient anticipation of his own death.
Scottish composer John McLeod’s The Sun Dances is a glowing, iridescent work inspired by an Easter folk legend from the West of Scotland. At the centre of the programme is Beethoven’s Fourth Symphony, its muscular, structural elegance wound around a boisterous scherzo.
Image © Marco Borggreve
- Proms 2017 Prom 14: Holst – The Planets25 Jul 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 16: Mussorgsky – Pictures at an Exhibition26 Jul 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- BBC SSO 2017-18 Season Edinburgh International Festival: Schubert, Schumann and Strauss8 Aug 2017 Usher Hall, Edinburgh
- Proms 2017 Prom 36: Schubert and Mahler12 Aug 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- BBC SSO 2016-17 Season Glasgow Trombone Weekend: Mnozil Brass24 Jun 2017 Glasgow City Halls
- BBC SSO 2016-17 Season Glasgow Trombone Weekend: The Pines of Rome23 Jun 2017 Glasgow City Halls
- BBC SSO 2016-17 Season Glasgow Trombone Weekend: Beethoven's Fifth22 Jun 2017 Glasgow City Halls
- BBC SSO 2016-17 Season Dausgaard Conducts Mahler 7 in Edinburgh21 May 2017 Usher Hall, Edinburgh