About this event
Louise Fryer (presenter), Horrible Histories cast, Choirs from The Music Centre, Kids Company Choir, Aurora Orchestra and Nicholas Collon (conductor).
Anyone who has split their sides laughing at CBBC's hit television series Horrible Histories now has the chance to see and hear the cast perform some of the most popular songs from the show, ranging from the Savage Stone Age and the Vicious Vikings to the Gorgeous Georgians and the Vile Victorians.
Backed by children's choirs and the Aurora Orchestra, the songs will be interspersed with some great music by composers such as King Henry VIII, Lully, Mozart and the prolific 'Anon'.
Horrible Histories, based on the best-selling books by Terry Deary with illustrations by Martin Brown, has proved a massive success. Children love the series, and the songs (music by Richie Webb) have proved among the most memorable elements of the show. Come to see the stars and sing along!
Following the success of the first-ever signed Prom last year, Dr Paul Whittaker, Artistic Director of Music and the Deaf, returns to guide you through this free Prom.
There will be one interval.
Other Events on 30 Jul 2011
- Proms Plus Family Poetry Workshop14:00 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms Plus Family Orchestra and Chorus: Horrible Histories14:00 Royal College of Music
- Proms Plus Family Poetry Workshop15:00 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms Plus Family Orchestra and Chorus: Horrible Histories16:00 Royal College of Music
- Proms Plus Literary: Musicians' Literary Passions17:45 Royal College of Music
- Prom 21: Strauss, Walton & Prokofiev19:30 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms Plus Late21:55 Royal Albert Hall