- Oberon - overture(9 mins)
- Double Concerto for violin and cello in A minor(32 mins)
- Passacaglia in G minor on a Theme by Handel(4 mins)(encore)
- The Rite of Spring(33 mins)
- Carmen Suite no. 1: VI. Les toréadors(4 mins)No. 6 Les Toreadors (encore)
About this event
In the first half of his second Prom Myung-Whun Chung pairs works by German Romantics from opposite ends of the 19th century, including the meltingly beautiful Brahms Double Concerto with Renaud and Gautier Capuçon.
After the interval comes a piece with French connections which swept away that old order. A sensational succès de scandale in 1913 for Diaghilev and his Ballets Russes, The Rite of Spring not only prompted the most famous riot in musical history but sounds sensational still, rediscovering rhythm as music's primal driving force.