- The Virtuous Wife – overture(3 mins)
- The Fairy Queen – Hornpipe(2 mins)
- The Virtuous Wife(4 mins)Second Music: First Act Tune
- The Indian Queen - Rondeau(2 mins)
- Chacony(4 mins)
- Pièces de clavecin, Book 1 – Allemande(3 mins)
- Violin Sonata in D minor(10 mins)
- Sonata à 4 in A minor, TWV 43:a5(10 mins)
- Trio Sonata in G major, Op. 5 No. 4(13 mins)
About This Event
Celebrated keyboard player Kristian Bezuidenhout and period-instrument ensemble The English Concert present a Baroque journey around Europe.
England’s lively restoration theatre scene is represented by Purcell dances, while harpsichord music by Élisabeth Jacquet de la Guerre and Louis Marchand conjures up the splendour of the French court of Louis XIV.
Chamber music by Telemann and Handel completes the programme.
There will be no interval
Image: Kristian Bezuidenhout © Marco Borggreve