- Stars(4 mins)
- Vladimir's Blues(2 mins)
- Fratres (version for solo violin, strings and percussion)(11 mins)
- The Fruits of Silence(6 mins)
- Keyboard Concerto in F minor, BWV 1056 (arr. unknown for violin in G minor)(3 mins)
- The Spheres(5 mins)
- String Quartet No 14 in D minor, 'Death and the Maiden'(11 mins)
- Morning Song(5 mins)
- Versa est in luctum cithara mea(5 mins)
- Nocturne in D flat major, Op 27 No 2(6 mins)
- Clouds(3 mins)arr. Iain Farrington (world premiere)
- On the Nature of Daylight(6 mins)
- The Lamb(5 mins)
About This Event
A late-night concert of music to help you relax and breathe!
In the spirit of the ‘mixtape’, first made popular in the 1980s, we present a live, late-night wind-down, exploring the fringes of Minimalism and meditative listening.
With radiant choral sounds and heavenly strings, pieces by the godfathers of ‘holy’ Minimalism, Arvo Pärt and Pēteris Vasks, emerge out of the sublime classicism of J. S. Bach and Schubert. Elsewhere in the programme, BBC Young Musician winner (2014), Martin James Bartlett will perform Chopin’s Nocturne in D flat major, there’s a world premiere from Soumik Datta and Max Richter’s Vladimir’s Blues
It’s time for a digital detox so switch off your phone and let the late-night Mixtape calm the mind and nourish the soul.
There will be no interval
Approx. end time: 23:30
Image: Tenebrae © Sim Cannetty-Clarke