- Cruda Amarilli(3 mins)
- Sfogava con le stelle(4 mins)
- Longe da te, cor mio(3 mins)
- Orfeo – 'Possente spirto'(9 mins)
- Chiome d'oro(3 mins)
- Vorrei baciarti, o Filli(5 mins)
- Là ci darem la mano(6 mins)BBC commission: world premiere
- Laudate pueri Dominum a 5 (concertato)(7 mins)
- Volgendo il ciel per l'immortal sentiero(11 mins)
About This Event
Who better to celebrate the 450th anniversary of Monteverdi’s birth than I Fagiolini, who have spent a career unpicking the knotty conflicts and emotional truths of the composer’s music. The vocal ensemble is joined by strings, cornetts and continuo to explore love, lust, anger, jealousy and despair in a concert that spans the gamut of Monteverdi’s music, both sacred and secular.
This season’s first Monday-lunchtime Prom at Cadogan Hall also includes the world premiere of a new commission from composer, baritone and Proms regular Roderick Williams, inspired by the text of a well-known aria from Mozart’s Don Giovanni.
There will be no interval
Image: Robert Hollingworth © Keith Saunders