- Das Rheingold(160 mins)(concert performance; sung in German)
- Iain Patersonbaritone (Wotan)
- Stephan Rügamertenor (Loge)
- Jan Buchwaldbaritone (Donner), Proms debut artist
- Marius Vladtenor (Froh), Proms debut artist
- Ekaterina Gubanovamezzo-soprano (Fricka)
- Anna Samuilsoprano (Freia)
- Anna Larssonmezzo-soprano (Erda)
- Johannes Martin Kränzlebaritone (Alberich)
- Peter Brondertenor (Mime)
- Stephen Millingbass (Fasolt), Proms debut artist
- Eric Halfvarsonbass (Fafner)
- Aga Mikołajsoprano (Woglinde)
- Maria Gortsevskayamezzo-soprano (Wellgunde)
- Anna Lapkovskajamezzo-soprano (Flosshilde), Proms debut artist
- Daniel Barenboimconductor
About this event
Stolen gold, slave labour and a world order on the edge of collapse. Daniel Barenboim launches his Proms Ring cycle (and conducts his first Wagner opera in the UK), following his Beethoven symphony cycle last year.
The Staatskapelle Berlin explores the corrupting influence of the all-powerful ring with a cast mined from Barenboim’s recent Berlin and Milan Ring cycles.
There will be no interval
Download: Iain Paterson talks about singing Wotan and working with Daniel Barenboim.
Download a guide to Das Rheingold, featuring Kasper Holten, Antonio Pappano, Sarah Lenton, John Deathridge and Mark Berry.
The Essay: Wagner's Philosophers - explore this series on the philosophical influences on Wagner.
Watch and listen to more music from Wagner from the Proms.