As part of the BBC’s WWI centenary season, Andrew Griffiths conducts the BBC Singers and organist Stephen Farr in this concert of choral, folk and part songs written between 1914-1918.
Part songs by Elgar and Holst can be heard alongside Harold Darke’s lament for the fallen, As the Leaves Fall, set to a text by the little-known soldier Joseph Courtenay and Walford Davies’ A Short Requiem written just before he was made the first Director of Music with the then newly created RAF in 1918. Parry’s Songs of Farewell concludes the concert with songs written in the final two years of the conflict.
- Gabriella Teychenné conducts the BBC Singers22 Nov 2019 Maida Vale Studios
- Semyon Bychkov conducts Detlev Glanert's Requiem for Hieronymous Bosch7 Dec 2019 Barbican, London
- A Big Band Christmas with the BBC Singers and Clare Teal13 Dec 2019 Milton Court Concert Hall
- European premiere of David Lang’s prisoner of the state11 Jan 2020 Barbican, London
- BBC Singers at Cutty Sark10 Nov 2019 Cutty Sark
- Singers at Six: Music by Ralph Vaughan Williams and Emily Howard1 Nov 2019 St Giles' Cripplegate, London
- Sofi Jeannin conducts Weir, Tüür and Messiaen18 Oct 2019 Milton Court, London
- The BBC Singers celebrate the music of Stephen Wilkinson11 Oct 2019 St Paul's Knightsbridge, London