About This Event
Conductor Michal Nesterowicz is joined by Polish-Canadian pianist Janina Fialkowska, who will bring her warmth and generosity of sound to Paderewski’s passionate and romantic Piano Concerto.
At the heart of a concert that also includes Elgar’s characterful symphonic prelude Polonia (dedicated to composer and statesman Paderewski) and Lutoslawski’s eloquent First Symphony, is a newly co-commissioned work by Pawel Szymanski inspired by Woodrow Wilson’s Fourteen Points – the President’s famous principles for post-war peace and the foundation of the modern state of Poland.
- Ryan Wigglesworth conducts Beethoven & Schoenberg18 Jan 2019 Barbican, London
- Sakari Oramo conducts Richard Causton, Schumann and Brahms23 Jan 2019 Barbican, London
- John Butt conducts Bach's B Minor Mass2 Feb 2019 Barbican, London
- Karina Canellakis conducts Beethoven and a UK premiere by Thomas Larcher8 Feb 2019 Barbican, London
- BBC Symphony Orchestra at Maida Vale11 Jan 2019 Maida Vale Studios
- Edward Gardner conducts Berlioz's The Childhood of Christ17 Dec 2018 Barbican, London
- Rafael Payare conducts Shostakovich Symphony No 57 Dec 2018 Barbican, London
- Journey Through Music: Shostakovich Symphony No 57 Dec 2018 Barbican, London