This concert is fully booked, however it will be broadcast live on BBC Radio 3.
Join the BBC Symphony Orchestra, conductor Michael Seal and BBC New Generation Artist Lise Berthaud for an afternoon of Berlioz at BBC Maida Vale Studios.
Berlioz’s rhythmic and exuberant Overture Le Corsaire opens the programme. Composed whilst Berlioz was on holiday in Nice in 1844, the piece is filled with bustling activity and remains one of Berlioz’s most popular overtures. Violist and BBC New Generation Artist Lise Berthaud joins as the soloist in Berlioz’s Harold in Italy, describing the adventures of the melancholic Harold as he wanders the Italian countryside, inspired by the composer’s own travels.
The BBC Radio 3 New Generation Artists Scheme helps to support young musicians on the threshold of an international career to reach the next stage of their development, and brings some of the world’s most promising new talent to listeners across the UK through BBC Radio 3 broadcasts.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that as not everyone who asks for tickets uses them, to make sure we have a full house we send out more tickets than there are places. We do our best to get the numbers right, but unfortunately we occasionally have to disappoint people so please arrive early.
This concert is broadcast live on BBC Radio 3.
Part ofBe in the Audience
- Lianne La Havas & Jules Buckley with the BBC Symphony Orchestra28 Feb 2020 Barbican, London
- Donald Runnicles* conducts Beethoven’s Missa solemnis4 Mar 2020 Barbican, London
- Edward Gardner conducts music from 1890s Vienna13 Mar 2020 Barbican, London
- Alpesh Chauhan conducts Bruckner Symphony No 927 Mar 2020 Barbican, London
- Sakari Oramo conducts the music of Anders Hillborg22 Feb 2020 Barbican, London
- Talk: Meet the composer Anders Hillborg22 Feb 2020 Barbican, London
- BBC Singers perform choral music by Anders Hillborg22 Feb 2020 St Giles' Cripplegate, London
- Chamber music by Anders Hillborg22 Feb 2020 Milton Court Concert Hall