- Tomnaverie(World Premiere of a revised version)
- Portions transparent/opaque:
- Portion one: Expand(European Premiere)
- Portion two: Saturate(World Premiere)
- Favourite Poets(World Premiere of a revised version)
- the thin tree(BBC Commission, World Premiere)
Music from two British composers, James Clapperton and Michael Finnissy, opens the second orchestral concert including a new version of Clapperton’s Tomnaverie based on a melody by Aboyne fiddler Paul Anderson, and EXAUDI perform a new version of Finnissy’s Favourite Poets. Berlin-based American composer Catherine Lamb’s Expand and Saturate, parts of a larger work, are given their world premiere and there’s a new BBC Commission from the Austrian composer and performer Klaus Lang, renowned for his musical explorations of acoustic spaces and the concept of time.