Join us this weekend as the BBC Proms in the Park return to Glasgow Green. The live event will take place on Saturday 13 September as part of the BBC’s wider Last Night of the Proms celebrations.
The Glasgow Proms in the Park event will be an evening of spectacular open-air music and musical stars. Katherine Jenkins, one of the UK’s biggest selling classical artists, will headline this year’s celebrations. Joining the line-up is the internationally acclaimed American tenor Noah Stewart. The Red Hot Chilli Pipers, described as bagpipes with attitude, will also be performing. And at the heart of this night will be the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra conducted by Stephen Bell. Phil Cunningham, the renowned Scottish musician and composer will premiering a brand new piece of pipe music and Robyn Stapleton, winner of BBC Radio Scotland’s Young Traditional Musician of the Year 2014 will also be singing.
Katherine Jenkins, mezzo soprano
Noah Stewart, tenor
Red Hot Chilli Pipers
BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
Stephen Bell, conductor
Jamie MacDougall, presenter
The different Last Night events from around the UK will be joining together to sing a special Mary Poppins medley as well as the opportunity to join in the singing of other popular numbers.
Families and all music lovers are invited to bring picnics and deck chairs to enjoy the atmosphere and help make this a special night of celebrations.
Some tickets are still available.
• Tickets will be available online until 5pm on Saturday 13th September
• Tickets will be available for collection from the onsite box office at Saltmarket gate of Glasgow Green from 4pm on Saturday 13th September
• Tickets are available to purchase from the onsite box office at Saltmarket gate of Glasgow Green from 4pm on Saturday 13th September
• Tickets are available to purchase in person from the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall and City Halls box offices until 6pm.
Booking Fee Information
Online: a transaction charge of £1 applies to all online bookings.
Phone: a transaction charge of £1.50 applies to all phone bookings.◦Counter/ In Person: there are no transaction charges for in person bookings.
Event supported by Glasgow City Council
- BBC SSO 2017-18 Season Edinburgh International Festival: 70th Anniversary Celebration27 Aug 2017 Usher Hall, Edinburgh
- Proms 2017 Proms in the Park Scotland9 Sep 2017 Glasgow Green
- BBC SSO 2017-18 Season Lammermuir Festival 201715 Sep 2017 St Mary's Church, Haddington
- BBC SSO 2017-18 Season Opening Night Composer Roots: Beethoven’s Ninth21 Sep 2017 Glasgow City Halls
- BBC SSO 2017-18 Season Edinburgh International Festival: Festival Firsts19 Aug 2017 Usher Hall, Edinburgh
- Proms 2017 Prom 37: Rachmaninov – Piano Concerto No. 313 Aug 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 36: Schubert and Mahler12 Aug 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- BBC SSO 2017-18 Season Edinburgh International Festival: Schubert, Schumann and Strauss8 Aug 2017 Usher Hall, Edinburgh