- Velocity(3 mins)BBC commission: world premiere
- Overture 'Peterloo'(9 mins)new choral version with lyrics by Sir Tim Rice: world premiere
- Façade Suite No. 2 ( No 5, Popular Song)(3 mins)– Popular Song
- Poème(16 mins)
- Song for Athene(7 mins)
- Taillefer(18 mins)
- Gayane – Sabre Dance(3 mins)– Sabre Dance
- Tzigane(9 mins)
- Show Boat(2 mins)– 'Ol' Man River' (arr. R. Williams)
- Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho (arr. R. Williams)(3 mins)
- Mary Poppins(8 mins)– medley
- Plymouth Hoe(8 mins)
- Rule, Britannia! (arr. Sargent)(7 mins)
- Pomp and Circumstance March No 1 in D major, 'Land of Hope and Glory'(6 mins)
- Jerusalem (orch. Elgar)(4 mins)
About this event
Sakari Oramo directs his first Last Night, joined by star Dutch violinist Janine Jansen.
We pay tribute to the late John Tavener with his touching Song for Athene, and mark the 50th anniversary of the film Mary Poppins with a singalong medley.
Arnold’s Peterloo overture receives its first performance in a new choral version with lyrics by Sir Tim Rice, while our Strauss-anniversary celebrations conclude with the Proms premiere of the composer’s massive cantata Taillefer.
The nautical flavour of Ansell’s Plymouth Hoe (and its brief quotation of Rule, Britannia!) forms an upbeat to the traditional Last Night favourites, led by baritone Roderick Williams.
Booking Fee Information