This compelling film on the extraordinary figure of Nadia Boulanger was Bruno Monsaingeon’s first documentary.
Shot in the 1960s and early 1970s, when Boulanger was in her late 80s and still fearsomely in command of her abilities, this film remains one of the most important documents concerning this extraordinary teacher. She is seen at one of her fabled 'Wednesdays', a composition lesson held weekly in her apartment for almost six decades and attended by anyone who would come.
Other Events on 6 Apr 2019
- Lili and Nadia Boulanger – Learning project workshop10:30 Barbican, London
- Lili and Nadia Boulanger – songs and chamber music13:00 Milton Court Concert Hall
- Lili and Nadia Boulanger – Talk15:00 Barbican, London
- BBC Singers perform Lili and Nadia Boulanger17:00 St Giles' Cripplegate, London
- Lili and Nadia Boulanger – Learning project performance18:45 Barbican, London
- James Gaffigan conducts orchestral works by Lili and Nadia Boulanger19:30 Barbican, London