Appendix 8: EU Referendum Guidelines
There will be no coverage of any of the issues relating to the referendum on polling day, from 00.30 until polls close at 22.00 on TV, radio, bbc.co.uk or our official channels on social media and other websites. However, online sites will not have to remove archive reports. Coverage will be restricted to factual accounts with nothing which could be construed as influencing the vote.
Particular care should also be taken in personal use of social media on polling day.
No opinion poll on any issue relating to the referendum may be published on polling day from 00.01 until after the polls have closed.
Further information and advice from:
Chief Adviser, Politics
- Mandatory Issues
- Due Impartiality covering the Referendum
- Debates and Discussions on the Referendum Issue
- Coverage of other political issues in the UK during the Referendum Period
- Online, Social Media and Audience Contributions
- Polls and other tests of opinion
- Party Leader Interviews
- Polling Day
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here