Appendix 5: Guidelines for BBC Commercial Services on Editorial Integrity and Independence from External Interests
Logos and Credits Online
Editorial references to companies or other organisations on BBC websites should not normally contain any use of their logo. Use of commercial logos in the editorial content on BBC sites must be editorially justifiable. The BBC seeks to offer fair and appropriate credits on BBC websites. We normally give production credits, credits for the supply of material by third parties, credits for some outside events and credits for some software providers. On occasion, it may also be appropriate to credit outside information for reasons of transparency.
Any credits are given at the BBC's discretion. In addition:
- they should be editorially justifiable.
- they should not be unduly prominent.
Caution needs to be exercised over third party logos, which should only be used in specific circumstances.
- Mandatory Referrals
- Advertising and Sponsorship
- Product Placement
- Product Prominence
- Personal Benefits
- Free and Reduced Cost Facilities, Products and Services
- Media Facility and Fact Finding Trips
- Promotional Material or Stories Supplied by Outside Bodies
- Game Shows
- Advertising and the BBC Brand
- Television Programmes made by BBC Worldwide Production Offices for Third Party Channels
- Online Links to Third Party Websites
- Logos and Credits Online
- Online Support Material
- Appendix: Restrictions on References to BBC Commercial Products, Services and Channels on Licence Fee Funded Services
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here