Appendix 5: Guidelines for BBC Commercial Services on Editorial Integrity and Independence from External Interests
We must conduct our game shows with integrity and probity. We must ensure that contestants are treated fairly and with respect, prizes are accurately described and appropriate, and clear rules are published.
The editorial content of the show should not be unduly influenced by commercial considerations, for example questions should not relate to a sponsor or a prize donor or its products or services.
The acceptance of any donated prize and any reference to the prize donor or a programme sponsor must be in accordance with the Advertising and Sponsorship Guidelines for BBC Commercial Services.
- Mandatory Referrals
- Advertising and Sponsorship
- Product Placement
- Product Prominence
- Personal Benefits
- Free and Reduced Cost Facilities, Products and Services
- Media Facility and Fact Finding Trips
- Promotional Material or Stories Supplied by Outside Bodies
- Game Shows
- Advertising and the BBC Brand
- Television Programmes made by BBC Worldwide Production Offices for Third Party Channels
- Online Links to Third Party Websites
- Logos and Credits Online
- Online Support Material
- Appendix: Restrictions on References to BBC Commercial Products, Services and Channels on Licence Fee Funded Services
Search the site
Can't find what you need? Search here