The BBC’s Editorial Values and Standards
- Browse the GuidelinesThe Editorial Guidelines are the BBC's editorial values and standards. They apply to all our content, wherever and however it is received.
- Browse the GuidanceGuidance notes supplement the Editorial Guidelines, with further explanation of their themes and practical tips.
- Updated guidance: Working with contributorsUpdated guidance on working with contributors, including vulnerable contributors or those at risk of vulnerability, to reflect changes to the Ofcom broadcasting code.
- Updated guidance: Reporting the UKAccurate reporting of the UK’s different governments and cultures is essential to the way our audiences view and judge the BBC’s output. This guidance has been updated to help programme teams report all parts of the UK accurately, consistently and fairly.
- New Guidance: Social MediaNew guidance on social media covering professional and personal use.