Strategy and Reports
Challenging ourselves to do all we can to ensure Diversity and Inclusion across the BBC.
By any measure, the BBC is a diverse and representative organisation – and we should be proud of that. But we must also challenge ourselves to do all we can to ensure that Diversity and Inclusion – in our ways of thinking and ways of working – is a natural part of what we do, embedded in our culture, and in our hiring, commissioning and creative processes.
Strategy and Reports
- Report on career progression and culture for disabled staff at the BBCA report on plans to help disabled staff succeed and progress at the BBC, published in November 2018.
- LGBT culture and progression reportA report on plans to make the BBC an even more inclusive workplace for LGBT staff, published in October 2018.
- Reflecting the socio-economic diversity of the UK within the BBC workforceA report on the career progression of BBC employees published in October 2018 setting out action the corporation is taking to help staff from lower socio-economic backgrounds to reach their full potential.
- Making the BBC a great workplace for womenA report on career progression and culture for gender equality at the BBC, published in October 2018, focusing on culture and progression for staff in the BBC, with a particular focus on women.
- Equality Information Report 2017/18Our annual Equality Information Report provides an update on the progress in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion for our workforce.
- Statutory gender pay gap report 2018A report shows the BBC’s gender pay gap has been reduced by nearly a fifth over the past year, as the BBC sets out its commitment to leading the way on gender equality.
- Reflecting the ethnic diversity of the UK within the BBC workforceA landmark report on career progression and culture for staff from a black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) background.
- BBC Diversity Commissioning Code of PracticePart of the BBC’s commitment to increase diversity on and off air to reflect and represent today’s UK.
- BBC Equality Information Report 2016/17The BBC’s annual Equality Information Report is published in July each year.
- Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2016-2020The BBC's Diversity and Inclusion strategy for the next five years.