Welcome to Digital Cities Virtual
We've teamed up with top UK media organisations to deliver a varied schedule of amazing FREE events for people who work in, or want to work in, the creative industries. We're on a Christmas break right now, but will be back with you on 26 - 28 January 2021. In the meantime have a watch below of some of the great sessions we've done this year.
Catch up with Digital Cities Virtual
- Edinburgh 2020: When the world’s leading arts festivals went virtual Join Edinburgh International Festival and Fringe producers, performers and programme makers, for this Masterclass which discusses the effects and repercussions of the year the Arts and Comedy festival went virtual.
- Lockdown 2.0: Think like a digital entrepreneur with your creative contentIn a lockdown world, learn how to leverage content creation strategically and think like a creative entrepreneur.
- Capturing Black Lives Matter: the inside story from Bristol’s creativesHow has making content during the pandemic and the Black Lives Matter movement changed the game for Bristol’s creative community?
- Lunch with BBC Blue Room: Synthetic PersonalitiesHow can broadcasters maintain trust with audiences in a world of synthetic media? BBC Blue Room provides insight in this new technology.
- From theatre to TV: how to create drama during lockdownLearn how Splendid Isolation, a series of short dramas produced by Lyric Theatre and BBC NI, came about during lockdown in this exclusive masterclass.
- Lunch with BBC Three's Normal PeopleFind out how a successful marketing campaign led BBC Three’s Normal People to become the most successful new Drama launch in iPlayer history.
- His Dark Materials: The inside storyFind out how the ‘unfilmable’ Philip Pullman books were commissioned, envisioned and filmed with the executive producer and BBC commissioner of His Dark Materials.
- The West Midlands Dream Factory & Creative EngineFrom film to TV, game design to live streaming, meet the region's leaders in content creation. Discover new industry focused training and the importance of inclusivity in the creative industries.
- MyWorld, R&D and the visual future!Hear from the experts working on MyWorld, a £46m project bringing together BBC, Aardman, Netflix and University of Bristol research.
- Exploring the future… Exploring virtual productionThink Mandalorian, cutting edge and virtual production. A collision of skills, technology and new opportunities for you.
Learning and Resources
- BBC Three's 10 tips for short form success BBC Three’s short form producers share insights into how to make your content work well.
- Five tips for social media successDigital influencer MrASingh gives the inside story on building a brand using Twitter, livestreaming, Facebook and Instagram.
- Virtual reality journalism: Is it the new reality for news?We consider the key findings of a special report commissioned by Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism on how news is embracing virtual reality (VR).
- How to plan a social media campaignChoosing the right social platform is essential, says Christos Savvides who produced the recent Facebook Messenger campaign for Channel 4’s Humans.