DirectoryFurther links and resources mentioned on these pages
In this Directory you can find details of further links and resources mentioned on these pages as well as the main points of contact for finding out more about copyright in the UK and abroad. You can also find details of rights holding bodies, societies and collecting funds.
- Intellectual Property OfficeGeneral information about Intellectual Property and copyright in the UK
- Copyright HubCopyright, licensing and what the creative industry is working on
- World Intellectual Property Organisation For more on copyright around the world
- Gov.uk For info about licensing your work to others
- Into filmFor support and resources for creative film projects
- Copyright Licensing AgencyCLA licenses organisations to copy and re-use extracts from print and digital publications on behalf of the copyright owners – authors and publishers
- Copyright Licensing Agency: newspaper contentCLA manages licences for newspaper content from NLA media access
- Copyright Licensing Agency: Schools Printed Music LicenceCLA manages licences for printed music through the Schools Printed Music Licence
- ERAERA provides educational establishments with a simple means of accessing and using broadcast material both in the classroom and by students at home.
- Film BankFilmbankmedia represent many Hollywood and independent film studios and distributors licensing film screenings outside the home or cinema.
- Motion Picture Licensing CorporationMPLC is a licensing organisation for over 650 film and TV producers and distributors from major Hollywood studios to independent and foreign producers.
Rights Representing Organisations
- ALCSA collecting society which protects and promotes the rights of authors and provide teaching material on copyright for all age groups
- BAPLABritish Association of Picture Libraries and Agencies, a the trade association for picture libraries in the UK
- British Phonographic Industry Represents the UK’s recorded music industry
- DACSDesign and Artists Copyright Society a not-for-profit organisation which manages the rights of visual artists
- Equity The UK trade union for professional performers and creative practitioners
- Incorporated Society of MusiciansA professional association for musicians, performers, composers, teachers and others
- Musicians UnionA trade union representing musicians working in all sectors of the music business
- PACTA trade association representing independent television, feature film, animation and new media production companies
- PPL A collecting society that licenses recorded music played in public
- PRS for Music A collecting society, which licenses the rights of songwriters, composers and music publishers
- Radio Independents GroupA non-profit making trade body that represents the UK's independent radio production industry
- Writers GuildThe trade union representing writers in TV, radio, theatre, books, poetry, film, online and video games