Welcome to BBC commissioning
We are committed to finding and nurturing the best ideas and creatives, on and off screen
Charlotte MooreBBC Chief Content Officer
The BBC commissions world class content with a distinctly British perspective and we want to work with the best producers and creatives to tell stories which excite, educate and entertain. We are committed to supporting the UK creative sector - actively backing a broad range of producers, offering breaks for brilliant new talent, building partnerships, and baking diversity into everything we do.
Commissioning newsBBC Media Centre
- The criteria for our £100m creative diversity commitmentFind out more about the criteria for our £100 million creative diversity commitment, and find additional resources and support.
- BBC England champions regional indies in raft of new factual commissionsReflecting contemporary life across England with new series and singles commissioned for multiple Network channels.
- BBC Two’s Hospital to return for a seventh seriesProduced by Label 1 Television this factual documentary will be a six part series commissioned by BBC Documentaries.
- Collection of new comedy shows unveiled by BBCBBC Wales demonstrates their commitment to developing Welsh comedy by broadcasting new comedy programmes produced by multiple indies over the next eighteen months.
- BBC Three announces Zara McDermott: Sexism in Schools Produced by Summer Films, this programme is a 1x60 documentary commissioned by BBC Three’s controller Fiona Campbell.
- New series In Sacred Islands to feature on BBC One and BBC ScotlandAn exploration of Scotland’s islands with broadcaster Ben Fogle in a four part documentary commissioned by Steve Allen.
- BBC Studios Events celebrates 10 years of royal matrimonyRoyal Wedding: A Day To Remember commissioned from BBC Studios Events is a one-off documentary commissioned by Simon Young.
- BBC Three factual development scheme in Northern Ireland results in first series commissionThe Fast And The Farmer(ish) commissioned for seven episode series as a result of partnership between BBC Three, BBC Northern Ireland and Northern Ireland Screen.
- New roles and commissions announced to strengthen BBC drama's commitment across the whole of the UKJessica Loveland appointed Head of New Writing leading the new Writersroom based in Salford and four new commissioning roles across the UK created to lead on new writer development.
- Rankin to mentor photography talent in The Great British Photography ChallengeCommissioned by BBC Arts from Storyboard Studios, The Great British Photography Challenge will premier on BBC Four and BBC iPlayer this summer.
- Applications open for aspiring film makers to be part of the next New Documentary Directors’ InitiativeApply now for the scheme offering aspiring film makers the opportunity to make their first documentary film for BBC Three.
- BBC Three commissions The Big Proud Party Agency The six episode series from Northern Ireland production company Alleycats follows a team of LGBTQ+ professional party agents as they plan some iconic events.
- Cast confirmed for major new Steven Moffat drama Inside ManProduced by Hartswood Films, the new four-part drama will be directed by Paul McGuigan and premiere on BBC One and iPlayer in the UK and Netflix internationally.
- BBC publishes Across the UK blueprint for the biggest transformation in decadesOver the next six years we will shift our creative and journalistic centre away from London. The blueprint represent top-to-bottom change and will cement our commitment to better reflect, represent, and serve all parts of the country.