Welcome to BBC commissioning
We are committed to finding and nurturing the best ideas and creatives, on and off screen
Charlotte MooreBBC Chief Content Officer
The BBC commissions world class content with a distinctly British perspective and we want to work with the best producers and creatives to tell stories which excite, educate and entertain. We are committed to supporting the UK creative sector - actively backing a broad range of producers, offering breaks for brilliant new talent, building partnerships, and baking diversity into everything we do.
Commissioning newsBBC Media Centre
- Recipients of Small Indie Fund 2021/22 announcedThe successful companies receive a range of support packages including strategic investment, a BBC commissioning editor mentor and development deal to help them grow.
- BBC announces new slate of Storyville filmsThe award-winning strand has announced a new slate of eight films to be shown in early 2022.
- BBC Elevate opens for applications, with more placements for disabled production talent than ever beforeMeaningful placements for mid-level deaf, disabled and neurodivergent people on a range of flagship BBC shows. Apply now.
- A brand new Wallace & Gromit adventure for BBC OneThe film will premiere in 2024 on the BBC in the UK and on Netflix in the rest of the world.
- Invitation to pitch for new BBC Two factual format from the North EastDaytime opportunity to pitch a new 15 x 30minute formatted factual series for BBC Two early evenings to be produced from the North East of England.
- BBC One and David Attenborough to reveal The Final Day Of The DinosaursThe single 90minute documentart is a BBC Studios Science Unit production with NOVA and GBH Boston for BBC One and iPlayer, and PBS, co-produced with France Télévisions. It was commissioned by Charlotte Moore, Chief Content Officer and Jack Bootle, Head of Commissioning, Science and Natural History.
- Romesh Ranganathan creates, writes and stars in new comedy series Avoidance for BBC One and BBC iPlayerNew 6x30 series from Ranga Bee and CPL Productions focusses on a man with severe conflict avoidance issues who is forced to change for the sake of his son.
- BBC Factual and BBC England co-commission Soldier: Made In Yorkshire for BBC OneThe new six-part series will chart the progress of new infantry recruits as they train to fight on the frontline in the British Army.
- BBC Arts announces Survivors: Portraits Of The Holocaust with his Royal Highness The Prince of WalesBBC Two documentary for Holocaust Memorial Day on 27 January 2022.
- BBC Writersroom and Drama Commissioning announce new Assistant CommissionersThe three new Assistant Commissioner appointments, based in Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland, join the Assistant Commissioner in Salford to complete these four new roles, based across the four nations of the UK.
- Dylan Moran writes and stars in brand new comedy series Stuck for BBC Two and BBC iPlayerMade by Hat Trick Productions and filmed in Belfast, Stuck (5 x 15) is a sometimes dark, sometimes surreal sitcom about the relationship between Dan (Dylan Moran) and Carla (Morgana Robinson).
- New BBC current affairs programme will be a unique platform for the voices and stories of the audienceBBC England is launching a new series that puts current affairs into the hands of the people, telling their stories in their own words.
- New BBC Three commissions for a new BBC Three channelThe centre-piece of the schedule on opening night will be the first-ever RuPaul’s Drag Race: UK Versus The World.
- Ghosts is back for a fourth seriesMonumental Television will start filming series four in the new year which will once again be broadcast on BBC One and BBC iPlayer.
- UK Food Stories: Invitation to pitch for new BBC Two and BBC Nations seriesBBC daytime are inviting producers with an existing substantive base in the Nations and English regions to produce and deliver a 20 part series for BBC Two and additional five part originations for each of the four Nations.