- Add some sand to each of the four plastic containers
- Mix food colouring into the sand in each container
- Mix well until all the sand in each container is an even colour throughout
- Add each colour of sand to a bucket, one layer at a time
- Make sure you flatten the sand down after you add each new colour layer
- Turn your bucket upside down to reveal your rainbow sandcastle!
- You can decorate your sandcastle with anything you like, such as shells, pebbles, flags or straws
- Dig a moat around your sandcastle to stop invaders getting in!
- Use a bigger bucket to create a giant sandcastle
- Do this with your friends and family to create a village of sandcastles