For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
- Take a jug of warm water then crumble a beef stock cube, add 2 tsp chopped garlic and 1 tsp mild chilli powder and stir well.
- Squeeze the 6 orange halves to get all the juice out, then add the juice to the liquid in the jug to make a total of about 400ml of flavoured stock. Stir well. Put the jug of stock to one side.
- Using scissors, top and tail 4 spring onions. Cut each spring onion into chunks and put into a large casserole. Add 300g pre-cooked and cooled stewing beef and sprinkle over 1 dsp plain flour. Stir the mixture to coat the meat with the flour then add 80g chopped beef chorizo. Now pour the stock you prepared on top and stir everything together.
- Put the sieve in the sink then tip in a 400g can of black beans. Rinse the beans under running cold water. Shake the sieve well to drain then tip the rinsed beans into a clean bowl. Add them to the casserole. Add 200g tinned chopped tomatoes then stir everything together.
- Finally rip 4 cabbage leaves up and then sprinkle on the top of the feijoada.
- Put the lid on the casserole and ask a grown up to put it in the oven at 180 °C for 25-30min until piping hot and the cabbage is soft. Allow to cool a little before serving.