1. Sprinkle two-thirds of the cheese over the pastry then fold over and roll back to the same size.
2. With a pastry cutter, slice the puff pastry into 16 strips and then slice in half. Fold over the bottoms halves and cut lines into the pastry to create the brush.
3. Next twist the other halves (broom sticks) and brush them with egg and then press the brush onto the end.
4. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and black pepper over the top and then bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for 10-15 minutes until crisp and golden.
5. While the broomsticks bake make the beetroot dip by placing all of the ingredients in a blender and pulsing.
6. Serve the broomsticks with the beetroot dip and enjoy!