- In a large bowl mix the flour and salt. Then, in a jug, add the warm water, yeast and sugar and leave for 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Add the liquid to the flour mixture and mix until combined then place on a floured surface and knead for 10-15 minutes until the dough is stretchy and smooth.
- Cover the bowl and leave it to prove for an hour.
- While it's proving, finely slice the sun dried tomatoes.
- After an hour, place the dough on a floured surface and knock the dough back by kneading for a couple of minutes.
- Carefully cut the dough into 2, roll out the first piece and spread half with pesto and half with the sun-dried tomato then sprinkle over some cheese. Roll the dough up and cut to make small swirled buns (a bit like a cinnamon roll). You should end up with about 7 or 8 half pesto flavour and half tomato. Arrange these together on a greased tray.
- Roll out the second half of the dough and cover half with pesto and half with the tomatoes and sprinkle over some cheese.This time, instead of rolling the dough fold it in half over the toppings and slice to make 8 sticks (4 pesto, 4 tomato).
- Twist these to make dough sticks and arrange around the swirl.
- Cover with a piece of greased cling film and leave to prove for an hour.
- When the bread has proved sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 25-30 until golden brown.
- Serve with a sprinkling of black pepper and the fresh parsley scattered over the top.
The Dumping Ground - Make Dumping Ground Tear and Share Bread
Have a go at making The Dumping Ground's delicious tear and share bread - perfect to serve for a feast with your friends!
You will need
- 500g strong flour
- 7g fast action yeast
- 300ml warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 50g pesto
- 125g grated mozzarella
- 75g sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper
- Rolling pin
Make The Worst Witch Baked Broomstick Bites
Make Hetty Feather's Jolly Wobbly Jelly
Make Dumping Ground Tear and Share Bread
Make Penfold's Jam Doughnut in a Mug
Banana Minion Muffins
Popcorn Chicken and Shrimp
How to make Dalek cupcakes
Yummy Fruity FroYo Lollies
How to make pizza and cake in a mug
How to make easy no-bake biscuits
Vitamin Power Balls
Recipe: Whoopie Pies
Baked Southern Chicken
Recipe: Hazelnut and Dark Chocolate Pancake ...
Elektra's Fruit Kebabs
Recipe: Shortbread Peanut Butter Squares
How to make Cinnamon Toast Popcorn
Johnny's Breakfast Omelette
The Big Tyler Quiz
The Dumping Ground
- Number of comments 98
- Number of Loves, LOLs and other reactions 182
Scott Brown: music, hair and Scottish slang
Match of the Day Kickabout
- Number of comments 1
- Number of Loves, LOLs and other reactions 4
The Dumping Ground Bloopers
The Dumping Ground
- Number of comments 17
- Number of Loves, LOLs and other reactions 136