- Blow up a balloon. Deflate until it is about half the size. Then tie a knot in the balloon.
- Cut a length of string. Tie the centre of the string around the nozzle of the balloon.
- Turn the balloon over. Pull the string tight around the balloon, so balloon changes shape. Twist the ends of the string around each other at 90 degree angle. Secure with a piece of tape.
- Turn the balloon over again. Pull the string tight so the balloon changes shape and tie the string together. Secure with a piece of tape.
- Repeat so that the balloon is divided into 8 sections using string.
- Papier mache the balloon 3 times, leaving to dry for several hours/overnight for each layer.
- Paint the body of the pumpkin orange and green at the top. Add a black line of paint along each segment. Mix orange paint with a small amount of black paint and paint along the left side of each segment to give a 3-D effect.
- Pierce into the pumpkin near the top with a pencil. Insert scissors into the hole and cut a jagged lid.
- Paint the inside of the pumpkin black.
- Fold a pipe cleaner in half. Twist the pipe cleaner in the middle and pull the two ends out slightly. Open the top of the pipe cleaner slightly.
- Paper mache the pipe cleaners two times, again leaving the ends. Paint green and sprinkle glitter on top.
- Cut a leaf shape from card. Paint green and sprinkle glitter on top.
- Secure the leaf to the stalk by wrapping pipe cleaner painted green around. Leave a bit loose and curl it like a pig’s tail.
Assembling the pumpkin
- Pierce the end of the pipe cleaners from the stalk into the lid.
- Secure using sticky tape on the inside.
- Cut a pumpkin face out of black card using the template or by designing your own.
- Stick the face to the pumpkin
- Fill with sweets!