Makes: 12 muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6/400°F and line a 12-bun muffin tin with blue muffin papers.
2. Mash the bananas and set aside for a moment.
3. Combine melted butter and eggs and beat together.
4. Put flour, sugar, baking powder into large bowl and mix in egg-and-butter mixture, followed by mashed bananas.
5. Fold mixture together, then fold in chocolate chips.
6. Divide into 12 muffin cases and bake in oven for 15-20.
7. Leave muffins to cool completely before decorating.
8. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate, add the food colouring and mix well.
9. Insert cocktail stick into each banana piece and dip in chocolate until covered and smooth. Lay on some parchment paper. Repeat with all 12 pieces of banana and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
10. While the chocolate cools, cut out minion accessories using ready-made sugar icing. You’ll want black goggles and white circles for the eyes, plus some cheeky semi-circles for the smiles.
11. Stick the accessories onto your cooled chocolate-coated bananas using a little water. Pop them back in the fridge if possible to firm up.
12. Once done, prepare your butter cream or hazelnut spread and spoon into a piping bag (or just use a spoon if you don’t have one!)
13. Prepare the muffins by scooping out a teaspoon’s worth of cake from the peak of each muffin, like you would with a butterfly cake.
14. Once the chocolate is cool, lift the chocolate-coated banana off the parchment paper, remove the sticks. Use buttercream to glue the banana into the muffin.
15. Decorate around the banana with buttercream and make some little arms for the minions out of cocktail sticks and card.