Make sure you wash your hands before you start cooking!
Make the cakes:
- Preheat your oven to 170-180 degrees. Make sure you grab a grown-up whenever you are using an oven!
- Sift your self raising flour into a large mixing bowl, then add the bicarbonate of soda, caster sugar, toasted unsweetened desiccated coconut, lime zest, butter and eggs.
- Stir all the ingredients together making sure to mix thoroughly.
- Next, add the coconut cream into the mixture, followed by the lime, before giving it one last stir.
- Line your muffin tray with the cupcake cases and carefully divide the mixture equally between them.
- Bake them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden and springy. Don't forget to grab a grown-up, it's going to be really hot!
- Don't forget to allow time for your cupcakes to completely cool before icing!
Now move onto the icing:
- To make the icing you will need to beat the butter until it is pale and fluffy.
- Add about a third of your icing sugar to the butter and mix in. Repeat this step until all of the icing sugar has been completely mixed in.
- Lastly, add the coconut cream and give it all one last mix. We recommend starting with a couple of tablespoons and if your icing is still too stiff, add a little more.
- Spoon or pipe your mixture onto your cupcakes, top with your coconut curls and a slice of your chocolate coconut bar.
- Enjoy your super tasty cupcakes!
Let us know down in the comments how you get on with this recipe at home!