- Fold one corner of an A4 piece of paper back on itself to make a triangle. Use scissors to cut off the excess paper. Don't forget to grab a grown-up!
- With the longest side at the bottom, fold the top point of the triangle down so the tip touches the bottom, make sure to only fold one layer of paper!
- Fold the bottom left corner inwards so that it overlaps the centre and repeat with the right. If the ends overlap more, then the nose/beak of your animal will be bigger and if they barely overlap the nose/beak will be smaller.
- Fold the top of the envelope down to make a crease and unfold it again.
- Now, take the right flap and fold it back to make a smaller triangle.
- Put your finger inside the triangle and squash it down to make a square. This will be the beak or nose of your animal.
- Penguin: fold the top half of the square under to make a triangle. Polar bear: Fold a little of the square down to make a diamond shape.
- Use a pencil to draw the eyes of your animal. Then use markers and fine liners to colour and complete the face. Don’t forget to add some rosy cheeks!
- Write a message to a friend and close your envelope.
- Now It's ready to send to surprise a friend!
Blue Peter - Make an Animal Envelope Message
Send a kind message to someone special with this super cute animal envelope card!
You will need
- Plain paper/card
- Colouring pens/pencils