Cooking time: 2 hours
Portion size: 4
Watch the video above or simply follow these instructions!
Grab a grown up to help!
- Begin by chopping your carrots, celery, onions and garlic (always be careful with knives)
- Heat up a splash of olive oil into a large pan and add the chopped onion, carrots, celery, garlic and rosemary
- Cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes until soft, turning occassionally
- Add the mince - seasoned with salt and pepper - and cook for a few minutes until browned
- Add the tomato puree, cook for a further 30 seconds and then pour in the chopped tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer
- Cover loosely with a lid and cook for 45 mins - 1 hour, giving the Bolognese a stir every 5-10 minutes
- If the sauce is looking too thick add a little more water, if it’s looking too runny remove the lid and turn the heat down for a few minutes and allow it to thicken
- With 10 minutes to go, cook the pasta according to packet instructions
- Serve the Bolognese over the spaghetti and sprinkle with fresh parsley, a grating of fresh Parmesan and a grind of black pepper
TOP TIP: You can also heat up the leftovers in the microwave later if you don't eat it all!