- Print out our handy PDF template by clicking the button above. If you don’t have access to a printer, you could trace the template by holding a piece of paper up to your device’s screen or draw your very own bookmark shape onto paper
- Colour in and decorate your bookmark however you please! Choose six books you would like to challenge a friend or family member to read and write each book title along the spines
- Glue your colourful bookmark to a piece of card and, with the help of a grown-up, carefully cut it out
- Cover your bookmark with clear sticky tape - we’ve found that wide packing tape works best. With the help of a grown-up, carefully trim any excess tape
- Using a paintbrush, mix one drop of washing-up liquid with a squirt of black acrylic paint
- Carefully paint the spines of the books, covering all your reading recommendations
Once fully dry, give your bookmark to a friend or family member!
Are you taking part in Summer Reading Challenge 2022? Get down to your local library, be inspired by the theme 'Gadgeteers' and get reading about how science and innovation help to shape the world around you.
Are you planning to make this bookmark for one of your friends? Tell us what six books you are challenging your friends and family to read in the comment section below 📚
Struggling to think of six different books? Why not challenge your friends to read a blog, a comic, or even the Blue Peter website!