1. Download the templates for the crowds, then print and cut them out.
2. Take your cardboard box and reinforce all the joins with sticky tape to make it strong for when you cut it. Paint it the colour of your choosing.
3. Cut roughly 12 cm high all the way around the box. Make sure the box is the same height on all sides.
4. Measure the ball you intend to use in your game. Add one centimetre and mark a cross at this height on each of the short ends of the box. Measure 10 centimetres across in the middle of the box and mark out a rectangle.
5. Grab a grown-up to help you with the cutting. Use a pinprick technique to score the sides and the top of the rectangle, pop out and fold down as a flap. That’s your goal. Top Tip: Reinforce the flap with tape underneath as you did with the rest of the box to ensure your goal is strong.
6. Midway between your new goal and the top of the box cut out your straw rectangle hole measuring 8x1cm and pop out.
7. Take your skewer and put it through the corner of your goal to the corner of your flap and cut to size. Secure with sticky tack and repeat for the other side. Next take your food net and cut into a rectangle with scissors. Attach to the top of the goal with sticky tape and secure the other end under the goal. Repeat entire goal process for the other side.
8. Use the cut out crowd template to stick to the insides of your box. Next it’s time to create the corner flags which are for keeping the ball from getting stuck in the corners. Take your leftover cardboard from the lid of your box to create a triangle with a flap. Fold the flap, create your flag design and stick into the corners with sticky tape. Repeat for each corner.
9. Take the green piece of paper for the pitch and use tape or white paper to make the markings. Secure into the box with glue.
10. Create goalposts using your lollipop sticks.
11. Attach the bottle caps with double sided sticky tape to each corner of the bottom of the box making sure they are securely fastened.
12. For the floodlights, paint the cardboard and straws silver. Attach the rectangle of bubble wrap to a rectangle of cardboard. Attach a straw to the back before fixing another identical rectangle of card over the back of the straw. Attach the straw to the box.
14. Slide the straws into the slots and get ready to play!