- Firstly, prepare the lemons. Carefully cut lids off the whole lemons and using a juicer/reamer, squeeze and push out all the juice and pulp into a bowl.
- Trim the base of the lemon shells (so they will sit flat for serving), and set aside the shells and lids for later.
- Place the caster sugar and cold water together in a medium pan. Bring to the boil and heat until the sugar has dissolved, continue to cook for 5-10 minutes, until the liquid reaches a thickened syrup.
- Remove from the heat and carefully strain in the freshly squeezed lemon juice through a sieve. Stir together and add the zest from the extra lemon (keeping a little for garnish later). Allow to cool.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-proof container and freeze for at least 4 hours, stirring with a fork every 30 minutes or so to break up the ice crystals and prevent it freezing into solid block.
- Place the lemon shells in the freezer for 30 mins before serving.
- Once the sorbet is frozen, scoop some into the hollowed out lemons.
- Sprinkle with a little extra lemon zest and scatter with baby mint leaves before placing the lemon lid on top and serve immediately - Till-icious!