- Replace the plain flour for Gluten Free flour
- Add ¼ tsp Xanthan Gum when making your dough
To make these Gluten-Free:
Make sure you wash your hands before you start cooking!
Make the shortbread:
Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric whisk or a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
- Stir through the remaining ingredients (not the chocolate) and gently work it together with your hands until it comes together into a dough.
- Roll the dough into a rough log about 18cm long. Wrap the dough in baking paper or cling film, roll again and place it in the fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and slice into discs about 1cm thick.
- Place the biscuits onto baking trays lined with baking paper and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden. The biscuits will be very soft out of the oven but will be firm enough to handle once cool.
- Melt the orange chocolate. Dip half of each biscuit into the chocolate and leave to set.
Let us know down in the comments if you have a go!