A Blue Peter badge is a special award given to people who appear on the show, or can be earned by posting in an application. Applicants must be 6 to 15 years old.
What is a Blue Peter badge?
How do I apply for a Blue Peter badge?
What are the benefits to having a Blue Peter badge?
Badge owners, with a valid badge card, can gain free entry into over 200 Blue Peter Badge attractions around the country such as theme parks, zoos and castles. Before you visit any of the attractions, grab a grown-up and read the Blue Peter Terms and Conditions.
Please remember to check individual attraction websites to see opening times before setting out on your journey.
How long will it take for my badge to arrive?
We receive thousands of letters and applications every week and we read every single one, so it can take a bit of time for us to get through them all. We aim to reply to you within 4 to 6 weeks time. We have received an unprecedented amount of letters (tens of thousands), so please bear with us whilst we work through everyone’s badge applications with the current restrictions in place.
Can you award badges to younger children or anyone older than 15?
Unfortunately we cannot award badges to anyone under the age of six, or over the age of fifteen.
Can you apply for a badge on behalf of someone else?
We don’t accept individual applications on behalf of anyone else; children must apply for badges themselves. You can only nominate another child for a Gold badge. Children with additional needs can have support from a grown-up when they make their application.
Can I apply as a group or school?
No, our ‘Climate Heroes’ scheme for group applications from clubs and schools was a limited time campaign and closed in 2021. Therefore every child applying for a badge (including the Green Badge) must send an individual form to us.
Unfortunately we cannot process an application without the child’s full home postal address.
Children must apply for badges themselves, however, teachers and group leaders are welcome to collate fully completed application forms and post them to us in one envelope. Please ensure you have the correct postage payment for the dimensions/weight of the parcel, to make sure it reaches us. We need each individual child’s home address (not the school address) along with their name and date of birth.
What happens after I receive my badge?
When you receive your Blue Peter badge, check the letter that came with it. If we have everything we need, the letter will confirm that your Blue Peter badge card will be arriving in the near future. If your letter asks you to register your details please fill in the badge ID card form.
What is a Badge ID card?
The badge ID card is a validation card we ask badge holders to use with their badge to enter badge attractions, so remember to keep it somewhere safe!
If you haven't received a badge ID card or wish to find out more please visit the badge ID card page.
My badge is lost/broken can I have a replacement?
If you have misplaced your badge you can re-apply with a new piece of work to replace it. Please mark your application clearly to let us know which badge you are re-applying for.
Please note that we are unable to offer replacement badges to anyone aged 16 and over.
We are unable to replace Diamond badges as they are limited edition and were only available in our Big Birthday year (2018).
I’ve lost my badge ID card, can I have a replacement?
If you have lost your badge ID card and require a replacement, please let us know by emailing us at: email@example.com and include your full name and address.
Can I apply for a badge online?
Can I nominate someone for a Gold badge?
The Gold Blue Peter badge is the rarest badge of them all and are only given to individuals for extraordinary achievements. Find out how to apply for a Gold badge.
Terms and conditions (Gold badges)
1. The Blue Peter Editor, in consultation with a panel of the BBC Children’s team, carefully reviews each Gold Badge letter to make a decision.
2. Applications or nominations can only be made by letter.
3. The person must be aged 6-15, have already earned at least one other Blue Peter badge and be a holder of a valid badge card.
4. Please provide a detailed summary explaining what the person has achieved and documentation to support an application.
5. The actions must be verifiable by an independent third party witness. Research will be undertaken by the Blue Peter team and the parent / guardian of the nominee, as appropriate may be contacted and asked for relevant contacts to assist this research.
6. If you are under 18 years old, you must seek your (or your nominees) parent/guardian’s permission to make a nomination or application.
7. You must provide the name and telephone number and email address of the parent or legal guardian.
8. Blue Peter may contact the parent or guardian to check consent and to ask for additional information.
9. If you are nominating someone else, you must not submit personal data relating to another individual without first obtaining the permission of the nominee’s parent/guardian.
10. For what is considered personal data please visit the BBC’s Privacy pages at www.bbc.co.uk/privacy
11. If a nomination for a gold badge is not successful and the circumstances have significantly changed, you may apply again, after 1 year.
12. The BBC cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any problem which may result in any nomination not properly registered.
These terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales.
If you can’t find the answer to your question above, please feel free to contact us.
You can write to us at our address:
Blue Peter MediaCityUK Salford, M50 2BH
Or you can email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org