Production Apprenticeship Fast Track Scotland
During this scheme you will get first-hand work experience and hands-on training whilst studying towards an SCQF Level 7 in Creative Media, which is delivered by a local learning provider.Apply now
Applications will open April 2021
Start Date: January 2022
Scheme Duration: 18 months
Typical roles following the scheme: Editorial: Runner, Junior Researcher
Technical: Assistant Post Production Operator, Camera Operator, Audio Assistant, Technical Operator
Production Management: Production Management assistant
What will I do as part of the scheme?
On this scheme you will get 18 months mix of study- with a SCQF 7 apprenticeship qualification- and learning on the job. You will be based in Glasgow however there may be opportunities throughout the apprenticeship to visit other BBC Scotland sites.
This year, the Scotland apprenticeship scheme is offering three different pathways. Based on your interests and skills, you will have the opportunity to apply for a pathway which interests you the most.
You could be focusing on developing ideas and stories (editorial), mastering how to use technical kit (craft skills) or learning how to schedule and set up filming, editing and running a production office (production management).
**More details on the pathways will be updated by 1st April**
Who are you?
Does this sound like the scheme for you? Here is what we are looking for…
- We’re not looking at qualifications- there’s no academic entry requirement. We’re more focused on you having a passion and curiosity, whether that be for TV, Radio, Online or Digital and be motivated to learn the production process from start to finish.
- Have you, perhaps been excited by personal projects that inspired you to take this next step? Maybe you have some work experience or hobbies that demonstrate your passion and transferable skills?
- Be a great team-player – On this scheme, you will be working on real programmes with our production teams, learning and gaining experience every day. Working in a professional environment you may be faced with some challenges along the way!
- Be flexible and adaptable due to the pace of work, learning and production demands – Working at the BBC isn’t always a Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 job.
Due to health and safety considerations, we cannot accept applications from individuals under the age of 18 at the time of the apprenticeship. There is no upper age limit.
This scheme is aimed at non graduates. If you already have a degree we would encourage you to search our other vacancies for entry level roles: https://careerssearch.bbc.co.uk/
What are we offering
- A salary of £14400 per year (pro-rated).
- 25 days holiday a year. As well as national bank holidays, you’ll also get an extra day-off between Christmas and New Year.
- Industry training delivered by the BBC Academy from specialists and senior BBC and freelance production and technical staff.
- Completion of a Diploma in Creative and Digital Media at SCQF level 7 delivered by an experienced and established training provider.
- You will complete a short application form which will ask you why you want to be on the Production Apprenticeship scheme. After the closing date, your application will be reviewed and if it demonstrates your passion for joining the scheme, you will be invited to complete the next stage.
- This stage is focused more on video questions, where we will ask you to answer multiple questions which are relevant to the scheme. This will help us get to know you better as you will submit a video response.
- If you are invited to the next stage, you will be asked to attend a virtual Assessment Day.
Due to the volume of applications it is a long process, and it could be up to three months until you hear from us about the final outcome of your application.
We are a diversity champion and we promote a good working environment for all existing and potential staff ensuring equal treatment for all of our employees. We have formed a partnership with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site. All of our vacancies are also listed on VERCIDA. Click here to view our vacancies in an accessible format. If you have a disability you will also have the option to go through our Extend Hub when you apply.