What happened to the Snowdonia 1890 cottages?
Once the cameras had stopped rolling, the production team started work on dismantling the Braddocks' cottage, ‘Llety’.
We had originally hoped to be able to rebuild the structure elsewhere and open it to the public but, due to severe weather damage and the difficulties of removing the building from the hillside without damaging it, we were forced to skip it! A great shame as it looked so authentic.
Tal y Braich was a complete restoration
When asked, most visitors to the location found it impossible to distinguish between the ‘real’ cottage and the ‘replica’ one.
As for the Jones’ cottage, ‘Tal Y Braich’, is a Grade II listed structure that we had painstakingly restored in partnership with CADW. It’s available to view by appointment with the property owner. One thing to note is that the cottage interiors, as seen in the series, were furnished with hired props - all of which were removed at the end of the filming period. To arrange a visit contact the Kate Roberts Heritage Centre, Cae’r Gors on 01286 831715 or 01286 831245.