A waiting game for the FA
Lord Triesman, the new independent chairman of the FA was told he could not attend the first part of the Premier League meeting on Thursday last week when plans for the 39th overseas game were discussed.
This was the first time the FA's new independent chairman was to attend the meeting of the Premier League clubs, and the FA as a shareholder is entitled to attend such meetings.
I'm told that before the meeting Premier League officials told the FA that there was an item they wanted to discuss amongst themselves and for that the FA should not be present.
While it is rare this is not the first time that the FA has been asked to sit outside at a Premier League meeting.
Lord Triesman joined the meeting after the discussion was over by which time I had broken the story of the proposals on the BBC.
The FA had been told 24 hours before the meeting about a brief outline of the plan, but nothing of the detailed presentation that the clubs got. And the FA still haven't seen those details.
By keeping Triesman away the FA were not privy to all the details of the plan, or to the views expressed by the clubs during the near two hour discussion.
This included a PowerPoint presentation to the clubs by Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore.
This is one reason why the FA was so keen to associate itself with FIFA when they condemned the plans.
The FA board meeting this coming Thursday is expected to see some stronger views expressed on the plan and may lead to a firm FA declaration against the proposal.