As we crawl through January, our challenge to you is to knit Radio 4. We’ll be featuring programmes, patterns and video on the Radio 4 site, and, we hope, examples of the nation’s knitting prowess.
So please get knitting. Here are some ideas knits that could represent our august network …
- Radios, microphones, studios
- Presenters (can you knit John Humphrys?)
- Feminism; Fighting for your rights (Woman’s Hour, You and Yours)
- Food, Vegetables, Plants (The Food Programme, Gardeners’ Question Time
- Poetry, History, Philosophy (Poetry Please, In Our Time, History of Ideas)
- Animals, farming (Farming Today, Tweet of the Day)
- The Archers (Lower Loxley, Ambridge, David Archer …)
And if you don’t knit, anything yarn-based - crochet, macrame would also be great.
Send links to existing or new work via Twitter (use @BBCRadio4 and #KnitR4 in your tweets) or in replies to this post on Facebook – by Friday 22 January. Knitters of the world unite - let’s cheer up January.