#Floyd6Music - Now Playing @6Music tracklist October 7, 2011
Where to start with a band like Pink Floyd? We kicked off 6 Music's evening dedicated to one of Britain's most pioneering, favourite and frankly best bands ever!
As well as this, thanks to LBY Music who also came on and told us about some of the music which they're currently listening to.
Pink Floyd - Anold Layne
* Tributes to Steve Jobs have poured in after Apple announced the death of their visionary leader. Called the ‘Hardware Software Elvis’ by Bono, he’ll be remembered for spearheading the digital music revolution with the iPod and iTunes as well as founding the Pixar film studio. NME.com have complied a list of Twitter tributes.
* The Power of Independent Trucking have been given a previously unheard cassette with six demo tracks from R.E.M – which you can now download from the site.
* Justin Vernon has curated a playlist on iTunes, including the likes of Fleet Foxes, Bob Dylan and Don Williams which is available for download now.
* The BPI have shown digital purchases now accounts for 28.2 per cent of all albums sold in the UK – but there is an overall drop of four million records sold compared to the same point last year.
* MySpace have announced they will re-launch next year as an almost exclusively music streaming site.
* The Michael Jackson tribute concert this weekend will be Facebook’s first ever pay-per-view event as the site expands its music and video content service.
* Kurt Vile, releases a new EP So Outta Reach next month and has posted a brand new track from it on Stereogum, called Life’s A Beach.
Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl
The normally elusive Portishead performed on Fallon this week – their first US TV performance for 13-years.
* The Flaming Lips front man Wayne Coyne dropped by Rolling Stone this week to explain just why they created their new six-hour track for charity – fortunately edited to 23-minutes.
* Jack White’s latest protégées, JEFF The Brotherhood, have released their new video for Whatever I Want.
* Spank Rock’s video fo #1 Hit is also out on YouTube.
* And Fountains Of Wayne are the latest band to drop by NPR and play one of their Tiny Desk Concerts – you can watch it now and download the audio.
#Blogging – LBY Music
Chad VanGaalen - Sara
Dems - Lioness
Inspired and the Sleep – While We’re Young
Pink Floyd tracklist part 1 - with suggestions from Facebook, Spotify, Twitter, E-Mail, the NP Blog and various blogs and fan-sites
Pink Floyd – Summer ‘68
Roger Waters - Give Birth To A Smile
Robyn Hitchcock - I Often Dream Of Trains
David Bowie - See Emily Play
Pink Floyd – Cymbaline
Easy Star All Stars – Time
Radiohead – TKOL RMX 1234567 (Hypem)
Bjork – Biophilia (NPR)
Peter Gabriel – New Blood (NME.com)
James Blake – Enough Thunder (PMA)
Rustie – Glass Swords (Guardian)
#MP3 of the week
Hospitality – Friends Of Friends
Pink Floyd tracklist part 2 - with suggestions from Facebook, Spotify, Twitter, Text and E-Mail
Pink Floyd - Pike
Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the Wall
Syd Barrett - Effervescing Elephant
Pink Floyd - Echoes (all 23-minutes of it!)