#NeonIndian6Music - Now Playing @6Music tracklist October 28, 2011
Jon Hilcock stepped in for Tom this week as we welcomed Neon Indian onto the show as our guest DJ on Twitter, as well as Canadian blogger Said the Gramophone.
They picked some awesome tracks – which you can see below – but we of course couldn’t let this week slide without some mention of John Peel so with your help, we also collected a couple of tracks celebrating his memory.
As well as that, we rounded up what else had been going on in blog land over the previous seven days – including the new Mazzy Star material, Duck Sauce video and played one of Lauren’s MPFree’s.
The Damned – New Rose
* Peel Day dominated Twitter earlier in the week as people paid tribute and remembered the late, great John Peel. This Sunday 6 Music will repeat John’s Desert Island Discs from 1990, and first John Peel Lecture, given by Pete Townsend, which will be broadcast live from 7pm on Monday.
* The Streets may be about to play their last ever London gig this weekend, but Mike Skinner and former The Music frontman and collaborator on Computers and Blues, Robert Harvey, have unveiled their new project – The Dot – with 14 tracks already up on their site.
* The first Mazzy Star material for 15-years is up in full on Pretty Much Amazing.
* Odd Future’s Syd tha Kyd – under moniker of The Internet – has uploaded his remix of Lana Del Rey’s Blue Jeans to Soundcloud.
* And Summer Camp’s partly fan-funded new album, Welcome to Condale, is streaming ahead of release on Prefix.
Louis XIV – Finding Out True Love is Blind
* Armand van Helden and A-Trak’ Duck Sauce video for Big Bad Wolf is causing quite a stir at Rolling Stone – be careful if easily offended.
* Teasers for the upcoming Davis Guggenheim-directed documentary based around the 20th Anniversary of U2’s Achtung Baby are up at Hit Fix.
* While previews of the Pearl Jam doc, Not For You, directed by Cameron Crowe is up on film site IMDB.
* Clips from the 25th annual Bridge School Benefit Concert, organized by Neil Young and his with Pegi, are available to watch at Pigeons and Planes.
* The new Black Keys track, Lonely Boy, is getting thousands of hits on YouTube – have a look at see why.
The Roots – Make My
#NeonIndian6Music – playlist curated by Neon Indian
Neon Indian – Polish Girl
Severed Heads – A Million Angels
Ford & Lopatin – Surrender
Telex – Plus Des Distance
Egyptian Lover – I Cry (Night after Night)
Oneohtrix Point Never – Sleep Dealer
Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – Shades Away
Pattern – Intersect
#Keep it Peel – a quick dip into your favourite Peel tracks
Cocteau Twins – Pearly-Dewdrops’ Drops
Clinic – Walking With Thee
The Wedding Present – Kennedy
The Fall – Kurious Oranj
#Blog6Music – picked by Sean from Said the Gramophone
Mozart’s Sister – Single Status
Colin Stetson – Fear of the Unknown and the Blazing Sun
Adam & the Amethysts – Dreaming
Jah Youssouf & Binoo Coulibaly – Faco
Yamantaka – Queens
The Aynsley Dunbar – Watch & Chain