10 things we didn't know last week
Snippets from the week's news, sliced, diced and processed for your convenience.
More details (Radio 4's Americana, on iPlayer)
2. Getting drunk quickly is genetic. More details
3. King penguins flirt with other penguins of the same gender but tend not to settle down with them.
4. Leopards' spots are camouflage.
5. The Vatican likes The Simpsons.
More details (Daily Telegraph)
6. Germans have been blurring their homes on Google Street View.
7. Sparrows eavesdrop on fighting birds.
8. Labradors shake their bodies to dry off at a frequency of 4.3 Hz.
More details (The Guardian)
10. A third of iPad owners haven't bothered to download any apps.
Seen 10 things? Send us a picture to use next week. Thanks to Vic Barton-Walderstadt for this week's picture of 10 information panels in Welwyn Garden City.