Technology & Creativity Blog editor
It's been a busy few weeks both within Design + Engineering and across the BBC as a whole, so it's worth one of my occasional round-ups to bring everyone upto date....
- The DG Tony Hall has announced both internally and externally about a major reshaping of our online services. There will be more on this on these pages over the coming weeks
- News has launched the first ever bulletin for a mobile audience in India, as part of the expansion of the World Service
- The BBC VR documentary Damming the Nile has won a Rose D'Or award at a ceremony in Berlin. Meanwhile ‘1943 Berlin Blitz’ will be on show at the RAF’s Battle of Britain Air Show at Duxford this coming weekend
- A new 3D audio drama Vostok-K Incident has been launched by R&D on Taster. Listeners can use mobile phones or tablets as extra speakers in this lastest experiment in Spatial sound
- R&D has also resolved the "lag" issues that viewers experience during live internet sports streams
- And we've had two schemes launch to encourage more women to get into technology roles at the BBC
So a busy time and there's plenty more to come over the next few months as more services and launches are in the pipeline.